This indicator was inspired by the work of "informanerd" in the script called "HTF Candles" as well as the built-in script called "Multi-Time Period Charts" by TradingView. The script will provide a highly customizable interface to specify the higher timeframe resolution for the , the type of candle, as well as various styling options for the body, borders and wicks.
The indicator can be applied to any chart at any time frame, but resolutions less than 1 minute may demonstrate gaps between bars and the candles may not render properly.
When the "Same as chart" option is chosen for the "Resolution" field, the indicator will attempt to find a higher timeframe resolution to ensure the are drawn.
New features and fixes in this release:
- Added a new "Show Label" checkbox to display the resolution value as a label on the last candle.
- Fixed a defect where the HTF candle was not drawing when the time is on the boundary of the HTF resolution.
- Fixed a defect where the using the 12H timeframe would not render the candles properly.
- Renamed the "Candle" option to "Normal" for the "Candle Type" input.
- Update emoji placement in color inputs.
- Update the maximum values of the width inputs from 5 to 10.
New features in this release:
- Added validation on the "Resolution" input value and display an error message if the value is not higher than the current chart resolution.
- Enhanced the value of the resolution label to include the units of either "minutes", "hours", "days", "weeks", or "months".
New fixes in this release:
- Addressing a possible repaint issue by removing the High, Low, and Close plots for the Data Window.
In true TradingView spirit, the author of this script has published it open-source, so traders can understand and verify it. Cheers to the author! You may use it for free, but reuse of this code in a publication is governed by House Rules. You can favorite it to use it on a chart.