In the first place, this tool has been created to celebrate the new design of the Trading View platform. The new monogram logo and the previous cloud logo can be displayed as pixel art within this script.
To test the limits of the pine script language, I tried to improve this simple pixel art script to be able to display complex pixel animations with good performance (max allowed 100 milliseconds per bar). That's how the Nyan Cat companion was created. Nyan Cat is moving every time the data on the chart is refreshed, so the animation time may differ depending on your environment. Only the pixels that changed between two animations are repainted on each loop so that the performance is significantly improved and allowing so to create bigger pixel art designs.
HOW IT WORKS :
The pixels are displayed on the chart using a huge table variable. Each cell of the table can be used to display one pixel of the initial matrix. New designs can easily be implemented as the pixel matrix is stored as a simple text variable.
The pixel matrix is composed of hexadecimal characters (0123456789ABCDEF). Each hexadecimal character correspond to a color in the 16 color palette.
- Matrix Visual : Name of the pixel art matrix to be displayed
- Matrix Colors : Palette to be used for painting the pixels. 16 color palette for colorful matrix or phosphor colors for retro aspect on simple pixel art.
- Type of art : Pixel art paint square pixels on chart and ASCII art paints hexadecimal characters on a chart.
- Pixel Grid color : Color used between each pixel, by default it is transparent.
- Pixel Width : Change the aspect ratio of the matrix. Useful to fine-tune the size of the pixels according to your screen size and the script size.
- Pixel Height : Change the aspect ratio of the matrix. Useful to fine-tune the size of the pixels according to your screen size and the script size.
- ASCII Background Character : Character that will be replaced with no color
Dentro do verdadeiro espírito TradingView, o autor deste script publicou ele como um script de código aberto, para que os traders possam compreender e checar ele. Um viva ao autor! Você pode usá-lo gratuitamente, mas a reutilização deste código em uma publicação é regida pelas Regras da Casa. You can favorite it to use it on a chart.